Aacer practices responsible forest management and supports only green-minded suppliers. Some manufacturer’s talk about buying only from responsibly managed forests, but they are one step removed from the actual management of the natural resource. Aacer’s owners have over four generations of experience in selectively managing and logging the native forests. When you own and respect timberland, you do what protects the environment. We were green long before it was politically correct, and we will be green for generations to come. Aacer encourages tours to our timberlands. Come see for yourself!
Aacer has over four generations of experience in selectively managing and logging the native forests. We own and respect our timberland and do whatever it takes to protect the environment. Aacer was green long before it was politically correct, and will be green for generations to come.
In basketball, you get two points inside the arc and three points outside the arc. With Aacer, you can score FOUR LEED points by following the US Green Building Council’s guidelines for LEED projects. Check out the ways your gym floor can take you to the next level of LEED certification:
Aacer LEED Contributions
1) MR Credit 7 Certified Wood
2) Aacer is a FSC® Certified Mill. Aacer Flooring is FSC® certified by SmartWood, a program of the Rainforest Alliance.
- FSC® certified plywood is available upon request.
- FSC® certified dimension lumber also counts.
3) MR Credit 5.1 & 5.2 Regional Materials
- Any Aacer material or product that has been extracted, harvested, or recovered as well as manufactured within 500 miles of the project site.
4) MR Credit 4.2 Recycled Content
- Aacer ECO Pad is made from 100% recycled material.
- Aacer Vent Cove III is 100% recycled material.
5)EQ Credit 4.4 Low-Emitting Materials—Composite Wood
- Aacer factory assembled sub-floors are manufactured with formaldehyde free plywood.
6) EQ Credit 4.2 Paints and Coatings
- Water based seal and finish site applied may apply. Pre-finished flooring does.
7) ID Innovation Design Credits
- Many of Aacers floor systems qualify for ID Credits. Please call your local representative to discuss these new products that will add additional points to your projects.